Scarf is a piece of garment that never goes out of style. You can wear it any season, anytime, anywhere. Be it day or night; be it office, party, hangout with friends, street stroll, or a formal get-together, scarves work wonders.
The trick lies in the way of wearing it. There are multiple ways to don a scarf…and this marks your style.
Trendy scarves of the season
Animal prints and neons are hot this season. So are knitted woolen scarves. They keep you warm and add style to your ensemble simultaneously.
There is yet another trend that has hit the market this winter. It is basically for lazy girls who hate to turn and fold their scarves in different ways to wear them. This scarf comes in a circular loop with no ends. Just don it over your shoulders and twist it at the bottom to form a double loop. Pass this over your head. Voila, you got a style!
3 sophisticated ways to wear a scarf
- Don the scarf over your shoulders with one end longer than the other. Wrap the longer end twice around your neck. Take the looped end and pass it through the other end. Tie a simple knot. Both ends are now at the same shoulder, giving you a sophisticated look.
- Don the scarf over your shoulders with one end longer than the other. Wrap the longer end thrice around your neck. While looping the third time, pass the looped end beneath the third loop. This looks elegant.
- Don the scarf over your shoulders with one end longer than the other. Wrap the longer end once around your neck. Take the looped end and fit it at the top corner on the opposite side of your shoulder. It gives a stylish and neat look.
8 unconventional ways to wear a scarf
Who says a scarf has to be worn like a scarf, eh?
Stand out in the crowd. Make your own rules in scarf wearing.
Here are some examples:
- Wear your scarf as a bandana over your forehead.
- Wear it as a belt. You can also loop it around your belt in a criss-cross fashion.
- Get a thin, small scarf and wear it as a bracelet!
- Tie a scarf stylishly around your knee-high or ankle-length boots!
- Wrap it around your waist while wearing a short skirt.
- Do a monochrome. Wear a short black dress or team a black sweater with a black short skirt. Use a vibrant textured scarf for a pop of color. Wrap around your neck or let it hang over your shoulders or wrap it around your waist.
- Tie a thin, small scarf creatively around the strap of your handbag or around your tote even.
- Use your scarf to tie your hair! Do a high ponytail. Wrap a scarf around the rubber band and let the ends fall over along your tresses. Beautiful!
There is no limit to imagination. Dare to wear a scarf in the most bizarre fashion and start a new trend. Scorch in the chill.