Everyone gets tired and bored of the space they live in daily. They cannot decide whether they want to redecorate, repaint or move. Rather than spending money on a professional, why not opt for a DIY home design? From reupholstering furniture pieces using old curtains to wallpapering window shades, such easy and quick makeover tips will motivate beginners to engage in the making and also help add colour and character to the space in question. This way one can become an interior designer themselves.
Some DIY home design tips
• Firstly, simply add colours to the home. Here, canvas, paint and a stencil is all that is needed. On the canvas, stencil the pattern using a shade which complements the room’s style and add the frame in the end.
• Grouping of framed stencil patterns in complimenting colours help add character to the space.
• Secondly, greenery will always bring fresh air within a space. So beautify a space with plants and flowers. This is one of the best eco-friendly decorating ideas.
• Miniature cacti are often used to liven up small spaces like window sills. They are pleasing to look and easy maintenance.
• Thirdly, playing around with perspective, especiallt furniture. You would be surprised what a major difference a small change can make!
• Fourthly, effective usage of light can make a major difference to home decoration (We’ve written an article on the subject!). This is a crucial factor to determine the look as well as feel of a room. Try to spread light sources all over the room ensuring that it reaches every nook and corner. To create a focal point, use chandeliers and to emphasize wall pieces and pictures, use wall scones and picture lightings
• Fifthly use area rugs as these help connect various decor elements. Rugs can separate, anchor or define areas like foyers, dining areas and seating. The trick is to use rugs of different sizes, rather than same sizes. This will help in promoting uniformity and harmony in decoration.
•Rugs are often used to add color and pattern to living spaces.
The success mantra in case of home design is learning from trial and error. Instead of suppressing desires, one should gather inspiration from their decoration sense and thereby justify their home decor efforts.