Come winter and you are loaded with layers of clothing. Does this make you feel unattractive? You need not feel that way. Embrace the fabulous styles designers have showcased in their winter collections and make a fashion statement.
11 Hot trends from Autumn/Winter 2014-15 collection
- The sporty look is ‘in.’ Bright colors, oversized jackets, and sportswear inspired patterns are ruling the roost among designer collections this season.
- Girls, keep in touch with your feminity even in layers by adding pleats, ruffles, and laces in your attire. Flowing sheer fabrics combined with knitted wear is a hot trend this winter. If you are wearing your boyfriend’s jacket, wear something lacy and sensual beneath.
- Lovers of pastel shades can rejoice this winter, as pastels will stay whole winter. Grey undertones are hot. You can wear your beloved summer colors in winter; no fashion sin.
- Autumn/Winter 2014-15 runway shows exuded luxury and sophistication through their textured garments and creative bead work and thread work. They are hot this season. So, your wardrobe must have a textured jacket or coat or any garment that displays elaborate work.
- Prints are splashing all over this season! They are bright, funky, and bizarre. Bring out any toned down or neutral sweater dress and combine it with a vibrant printed jacket or coat.
- Complete your look with knee high boots. Voila, you are all set to raise the temperatures!
- Shades of white and ecru are timeless and in vogue this season. In fact, ecru proved to be one of the trendiest shades on the ramp for Fall 2014-15. So, you can carry forward your summer whites and ecru shades this season. Those who love bright colors can add a pop of color to their ensemble by donning a bright colored handbag or a pair of boots or a vibrant blazer.
- Military inspired designs are hot this winter. The Autumn/Winter 2014-15 collections saw many designers using shades of greens and browns and camouflage prints.
- Ladies who are fed up of florals and feminine outfits can add a dash of masculinity to their wardrobe by getting long over coats, power suits, and boxy silhouettes. They are trendy this season.
- Add sparkle to your winter wardrobe with metallic colors and glitter. Combine grey undertones with glitter to create a “wow-y” effect.
- Wool is hot this season. Well, wool IS hot anyway! You can find woolen dresses, scarves, overcoats, cardigans, pantsuits, and even hats. Garments made of thicker wool are ‘in.’ A hot trend is to wear a short wool dress featuring delicate weaves and intricate embroidery. Team this with knee high boots for a stunning look.
- Bright hues from the neon color palette are hot this winter. Instead of matching your grey attire with the grey weather, pop up your winter wear with colors – bright and attractive.
Take the above fashion cues and create your own style this season. Layering can be fun…layering can be sexy…you must only know how to layer and still flaunt your body curves.