An entrance examination at the entry level of any college, school or similar institution is a way of selecting the best students from the lot. There is usually no set standard for these kind of examinations, and thus can be held at any level of the educational career, yet they are mostly common at higher levels of the career path.
Whether, opting for management, engineering, medical or law. These entry level exams work as a filter and helps in identifying the refined batch of students. The colleges administering these graduation entrance exams have predetermined syllabus and thus prepare the questions accordingly. So, when aiming to get admission in one of those reputed colleges in the country, students must be well prepared in advance, abiding by the supplied syllabus. However, apart from just following the set course blindly, there are certain tips for freshers, which when followed, can help them reserving a seat in one of their dream institutions.
The first thing to note, for such high level examinations, are the eligibility criteria. Every institution has its own set of rules and regulations when it comes to who all can apply. These restrictions can vary from, setting a minimum or maximum age, or, the minimum percentage of the last appeared exam, or the minimum qualification required to apply further. Once you match all these pre-requisites, the next step would be to apply. Making their application process easier, most of the establishments these days have come up with the online segments as well. Thus one can fill up the forms online and submit accordingly. However whichever way suits the individual, filling up the form correctly, with all the authenticated details is highly important, since the first level of selecting students start here-and is most crucial at this stage. Filling up the entry forms correctly is the first tip of clearing the huddle.
Apart from this, the other tips for entrance exam are as follows-
1. Setting a goal for finishing the syllabus- such as deciding on a long term date in mind and be sure to finish off the vast syllabus before that predicated date helps in getting adequate time for revision as well.
2. Referring to all the books for one particular topic, can make the matter more complicated. Thus sticking to one major book, and using 2 to 3 books for reference is the best way.
3. Making sure that the fundamentals are clear.
4. Discussing certain unclear topics with friends and teachers is an easier way of learning by talking. Group studies not only help in clearing doubts but also in exchanging knowledge.
5. Sticking to a time table or assigning enough time to study as well as taking up a hobby also helps clearing off the mind.
6. Taking up mock tests also help in understanding where they stand.
7. Revision is the best way to overcome weaknesses. Reading blogs/papers/article or books is another way of knowing everything about the related topics. However, overworking can often make things worse!