Burnt oranges and electric blues are ruling the eyeshadow palettes this season. Lips are wine stained. The cat eye is “in.” Let’s know from runaway makeup experts how to carry off the ramp look on the street…even at the workplace!
The good thing is that everybody can wear this rich color on their lips. You need no specific skin color for this. The trick is to choose the right hue that complements with your skin tone.
According to make-up experts, wine is a great alternative to red. In case you are too conscious of the richness of wine color, choose a sheer finish instead of opaque, which can be too in-the-face for some.
• Light skin tones go well with purple wine hue with red or pink undertones.
• Medium skin tones do well with warm and cool hues.
• Dark skin tones get flattered with plum or burgundy hue with blue undertones.
Tips to apply:
• Apply a balm on lips. Blot it.
• Apply lip color. Blot it again.
• Finish off with a gloss to create a sheer look.
This season it is more about skin complexion and lesser about the blush. The dewy look was hot at March Jacobs and Micheal Kors this season.
Tips to get the natural look with makeup:
• Start with a primer. This gives a smooth base for makeup.
• Apply a sheer foundation. A trick for even application is to let the product get warm in your palm. Then use your fingers in gentle strokes to apply the foundation.
• Use a cream blush that gives you a sheer touch, which looks more natural.
• Finish it with compact powder. Use mild strokes of a brush.
Earlier eye makeup was characterized with wings that curved upwards at the eye corners. Now, seen recently at fashion shows is eyeliner that curves down, taking the natural curve of the eye corner. Models at Marc Jacob’s show highlighted such curved eyes.
This look defines eyes well and makes them appear bigger.
Tips to get the look:
• Apply eyelid primer to avoid smudging of makeup.
• Apply concealer to even out skin tone from lashline to brow.
• Then apply a skin-toned, matte color from lashline to brow. Use an eyeshadow brush.
• Line your eyes at the top. Make it thick at the outer corner. Go beyond half an inch down of the corner along your eye shape.
• For the final look, curl your eye lashes and apply double coats of voluminizing mascara.
Fans of the smokey eye can continue with the look, as this look never goes out of fashion. However, this season colorful smokey eye is in vogue. Avoid the classic black and brown. The favorite hues of winter are burnt orange that combine well with golden and caramel brown hues.
Brows are bolder
Bold brows still rock. They arrived at summer fashion shows and have stayed. They define your facial frame and highlight your eyes. The trick to carry off bushy brows without looking ill-groomed is to make sure the hair of your brows are neatly trimmed with an arch. You can use a shadow brush to line them perfectly.